90 gram plain flour
- In a food processor place flour, butter, macadamia meal and icing sugar, process until crumbly on pulse action.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and enough cold water to make dough come together.
- Gather into a ball, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Line a 20 cm cake tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the dough to fit base and bake 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Leave to cool.
- Put sugar and butter in a pot and stir over low heat until butter has melted and sugar dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, apricots, chocolate pieces and macadamias.
- Spread over pastry and bake 25 - 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Leave to cool before cutting.
(Instead of apricots, other dried fruits can be used – pear, peach)